Last Updated: 2023-10-27
Connected is NOT a spying software, you must join a circle OR create one and invite others to it, then wait for them to join your circle so that you may be able to know the circle's members locations.
Using Connected in illegal activities, including but not limited to tracking people without their knowledge/consent is strictly prohibited, we do not have any legal responsibilities for any and all such uses.
The What and How of Information We Collect
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, when you contact us by e-mail or use our services.
When you create an account, we may collect your personal information, such as your birthdate, username, email address, mobile phone number and your account's photo (if you choose to have one associated with your account). We may also collect your gender to show you and your family members proper messages (in some languages). We may also collect your locality's information (country) and/or sim card's information to help you with your sign up process if you choose to do so with your phone number. In case of using an email/password sign-in provider, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and ensuring that the email address associated with your account(s) is accurate. We use your email address to contact you regarding service updates, changes to our policies, and account activities, such as requests for your information. We strongly recommend using a unique, strong password for this service. If you suspect that your account has been compromised, please change your password immediately using the relevant app. Connected shall not be held responsible for any information or data transmitted to a third party due to a member providing an incorrect email address.
Your added favorite places (Home, Work) are shown on your customized map to make it easier to spot them and alert you when your family members enter/leave them.
We collect your location information through your device's IP address, WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS coordinates (latitude/longitude). Your location information can also be collected through other technologies and sensors, such as WiFi access points and networks, and nearby cell towers. Location data is used to provide you with full features and functionalities of the Service.
We collect motion data from your smartphone or mobile device, to calculate some drive report features, such as high speed, rapid accelerating and hard braking.
We ask for your birthdate so that we can offer you the best in-app features and experience.
When you visit the Site, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. Such information includes your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address.
For our services to work in the best way possible, we collect your location, movement activity and battery level from your device even when the app is closed and/or is in the background (while showing a notification), we use these to:
- Keep you and your circle's members in the know about each other's updates.
- Know your driving behavior, that we use to create your trip history which is private to you and your circle.
- Alert you when a member enters/leaves saved places.
For improving our services we may use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Sending you necessary communications (for example, related to payments or expiration of your subscription).
- Providing customer service or support.
- Analyzing your use and measuring the effectiveness or stability of our app ( Connected ) to better understand how it is being used so we can improve the service.
This app uses Google's AdMob services to show ads in FREE circles only. To improve the performance of AdMob, the Google Mobile Ads SDK may collect certain information, including:
- IP address, which may be used to estimate the general location of a device.
- Non-user related crash logs, which may be used to diagnose problems and improve the SDK. Diagnostic information may also be used for advertising and analytics purposes.
- User-associated performance data such as app launch time, hang rate, or energy usage, which may be used to evaluate user behavior, understand the effectiveness of existing product features, and plan new features. Performance data may also be used for displaying ads, including sharing with other entities that display ads.
- A Device ID such as the device's advertising identifier or other app-bounded device identifiers, which may be used for the purpose of third-party advertising and analytics.
- Advertising data, such as advertisements the user has seen, may be used to power analytics and advertising features.
- Other user product interactions like app launch taps, and interaction information, like video views, may be used to improve advertising performance.
This app uses the Firebase SDK to improve the user experience with the user's consent and only for users who are above 13 years old, the following information is collected:
- App-instance ID: Automatically assigns an app-instance ID to each instance of an app, for purposes of computing user metrics throughout Analytics.
- Anonymized IP address: Derives coarse location data from the anonymized IP addresses of the device.
- In-app purchases and subscriptions: Collects in-app purchase and subscription events with parameters that include product ID, product name, and price.
- App life-cycle events: Collects screen views and sessions for use in Reporting and Analysis.
- User-ID: Used to identify users who experience errors in the app.
You can review or delete this data by going to your Google account -> Data & Personalization -> My Activity.
This app collects chat messages. Chat messages are stored safely and not looked at unless needed in case of users reporting an issue or for improvements for the service. Chat messages are deleted and cannot be recovered whenever the Circle is deleted, in case of an Account being deleted; the message's sender will not be identifiable anymore.
Designated Countries: For all purposes listed above, pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or any equivalent legislation (collectively “Data Protection Laws”), we process the personal information of users located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), United Kingdom and Switzerland (collectively, the “Designated Countries”) based on our contract with you.
Controlling and Modifying Your Information - Opt-Out / Opt-In
We respect your right to control and make choices about your information. You may request Connected to:
- Provide you with information we collect about you.
- Delete information we collected about you (please see below for more details on deletion).
Your request can be made by emailing us at email@example.com
You can stop sharing your location at any given moment you want, if you:
- Turn off location services.
- Refuse or revoke our access to Location permission inside your phone’s settings.
- Turn off data sharing inside the app.
- Sign out of the app.
- Delete your account.
- Delete the app.
You may also stop sharing any and all kinds of data you share with us, if you:
- Sign out of the app.
- Delete your account.
- Delete the app.
Connected can send you subscription offers and other promotions (by notification and/or email), you can opt in/out at the sign in screen or by going to the following screen inside the app: Settings -> Account Preferences -> Privacy Settings, anytime you want.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to ensure integrity and security of your information (including preventing the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of your information). To this end we have incorporated security measures into our system to protect you and Connected from any data breach. Such measures include encryption of your data while in transfer, regular revision of security procedures and compliance in the system, restricted number of employees under strict confidentiality obligations that are authorized to access your information for the purposes of legitimate processing and handling, as described above. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures.
If a parent wishes to add a member who is a child to our Connected Services, we request the parent provide verifiable consent when required by COPPA, by filling this consent form and sending it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . The child will then be able to participate in most aspects of Connected services.
If Connected learns that we have inadvertently collected personal information of a child without parental consent as required by law, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child has a registered account with our Service without your consent, please alert us immediately by emailing email@example.com.
The child’s profile information and location will be shared with other members of any Circle the child joins. Please note the child will be able to share his or her location with other members of that Circle and may exchange messages with those Circle members. You are responsible for monitoring your child’s account and location-sharing activity through our Products and Services and for blocking or permitting location-sharing
We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests.
We do not allow nor do we knowingly collect information from children under the minimum age for any marketing/advertising purposes.
If you want your child’s data removed from our database, you can delete their account from inside the app.
DO NOT TRACK
The Connected Services do not currently observe Do Not Track settings.